Friday, November 4, 2016

Using a Polymer Element for the first time

Hello, I logged into Polymer Project website today and the Polymer Project website has a beautiful minimal UI design.

I was in the mood for building something quickly today. So I went over to the » Polymer Summit 2016 website from Google Developers Code Lab and  I had a go in creating My Carousel Element demo project which is a Image Viewer that scrolls from the beginning to the end.

This Image Carousel project can be found at: » Polymer-2-Carousel














 I was able to get everything up and running the first go. Nothing went wrong. Nothing I misunderstood. I merely did a copy and paste from this website. I didnt go through the step folders provided by this website. I wanted to build the project from scratch.

I think the procedure was extremely well written that I was able to build a functioning web page the first go. This project has lots of hidden dependencies - the Polymer components such as the Carousel Image element, the Polymer server and all that.

Obviously I have a lot of learning to do so I quickly headed over to Web Fundamentals at Google Developers website. The website can be found at https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/getting-started/

I plan to use elements, build elements and finally build apps using Polymer over the coming weeks and months.

Over and out
Deaf Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment